“As those called to leadership within the Body of Christ, we are blessed with opportunity and with responsibility.” – Bishop Brian Maas
More than a “boundaries workshop,” Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders benefits participants in several ways, including:
- enriching your understanding of “healthy boundaries” around personal time, health and wellness
- helping the Nebraska Synod continue to be a healthy body with healthy leaders
- renewing your sensitivity and awareness to safe practices as a faith leader
- fulfilling our shared commitment to ministry with excellence and integrity
- earning six (6) continuing education credits
EXPECTATIONS AND GUIDELINES
- Attend one training every 3 years from the date of the last training you completed (Attend 101 first, then 201, etc. – 301 will roll out dates = TBD). If you previously submitted an alternate training (see #7 below), going forward, please register for the Nebraska Synod’s 101 version.
- We will note leaders’ attendance and will encourage congregations and call committees to be attentive to their Rostered Ministers’, PMAs’ and Synod Authorized Ministers participation.
- Cost for 101 varies (see rates below). 201 is $70. Financial assistance is available upon request.
- If the event is cancelled due to weather, or you are unable to attend, the cost of registration will be refunded up to 60 days from the date you register. If you are unable to attend and give the synod office notice prior to meal counts being submitted, the cost of registration will be refunded up to 60 days from the date you register.
- Register online at one of the links below.
- If you’ve had healthy boundaries training in the last three years outside the Nebraska Synod, contact Rev. Megan Morrow, firstname.lastname@example.org. Training certificate of completion must be sent to Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders, Nebraska Synod ELCA, 6757 Newport, Suite 200, Omaha, NE 68152. You may opt for an alternative to “Essential Boundaries 101” once, but then must take 101.
- Participants may be up to 30 minutes late or leave no more than 30 minutes early in order to receive credit.
Downloadable Forms & Resources
All 2022 Trainings
Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders 101 – THE BASICS
- Thursday-Friday, February 24–25, 2022 @ Camp Carol Joy Holling, Ashland, NE
- Monday-Tuesday, August 22–23, 2022 @ Camp Carol Joy Holling, Ashland, NE
Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders 201 – BEYOND THE BASICS
- Thursday, February 24, 2022 @ Camp Carol Joy Holling, Ashland, NE
- Thursday, April 28, 2022 @ Messiah Lutheran Church, Aurora, NE
- Monday, August 22, 2022 @ Camp Carol Joy Holling, Ashland, NE
- Monday, November 14, 2022 @ Location TBA (Northeast Nebraska)
Advanced Questions for 201 Participants
Rev. Megan Morrow
Assistant to the Bishop