“As those called to leadership within the Body of Christ, we are blessed with opportunity and with responsibility.” – Bishop Brian Maas
More than a “boundaries workshop,” Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders benefits participants in several ways, including:
- enriching your understanding of “healthy boundaries” around personal time, health and wellness
- helping the Nebraska Synod continue to be a healthy body with healthy leaders
- renewing your sensitivity and awareness to safe practices as a faith leader
- fulfilling our shared commitment to ministry with excellence and integrity
- earning six (6) continuing education credits
EXPECTATIONS AND GUIDELINES
- Attend one training every 3 years (Attend 101 first, then 201, etc.).
- Attendance is noted. We encourage congregations and call committees to be attentive to participation.
- Cost for 101 varies (see rates below). 201 is $45. Financial assistance is available upon request.
- There are no refunds. If the event is cancelled, or you are unable to attend, the cost of registration will be applied to the next training you are able to attend.
- Register online at one of the links below.
- If you’ve had healthy boundaries training in the last three years outside the Nebraska Synod, contact Rev. Megan Morrow, firstname.lastname@example.org. Training certificate of completion must be sent to Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders, Nebraska Synod ELCA, 6757 Newport, Suite 200, Omaha, NE 68152. You may opt for an alternative to “Essential Boundaries 101” once, but then must take 101.
- Participants may be up to 30 minutes late or leave no more than 30 minutes early in order to receive credit.