Nebraska Synod Journey to Denver
- 6:00 am
- Monday, July 10 to Saturday, July 15
The Nebraska Synod Journey is a week-long experience for youth who have completed grades 8-12 by the summer of 2023 and their adult leaders. While some congregations bring 20 or more youth, many participants come with a group of five or fewer young people and their adult leader. The Journey is an opportunity to form relationships with people from all over the state and with service learning partners where we travel. It broadens our perspectives of what the church can do outside its walls and its community, and it’s an opportunity to see where God is at work in the world and to join God in that work.
The Journey to Denver will be held July 10-15, 2023, and highlights will include service learning throughout the Denver metro area, worship, fellowship and other activities throughout the city. Travel will be by Windstar motorcoaches, and housing will be in residence halls at Colorado Christian University.
Each participating congregation is asked to register one adult leader for every six youth. Adult leaders must be at least 21 years of age. Congregations are asked to be attentive to the gender of adult leaders corresponding to the gender of participants.
Theme: Living In The And
Theme Verse: Isaiah 40:3-5
Join us as we explore Life in the “And” and how we run in parallels. This and That, Saint and Sinner, Grief and Joy, Both / And. It’s sure to be a mountain-top week of service learning, friendships, faith formation and working alongside ministry partners in the Denver area.
Monday: Travel to Denver, get settled into the housing site & Service Learning introduction.
Tuesday – Thursday: working with service learning partners followed by evening large group group-building with devotion time.
Friday: working with service learning partners followed by evening Worship.
Saturday: Blessing & sending for Journey home.
While service-learning partnerships are still being finalized, groups can expect to serve within one of the following areas during their week on the Synod Journey:
- Food Insecurity
- Indigenous Communities
- Life in Urban Areas
- Creation Care & Care for our “non-human” neighbor
(includes transportation, housing, most evening activities and most meals)
- Early bird (submitted on or before December 15, 2022): $500
- Regular registration (submitted December 16, 2022-January 31, 2023): $525
- Late registration (submitted February 1-March 1, 2023): $550
- $100 per person deposit is due with online registration.
- The remaining balance is due March 3, 2023 and must be paid with one check per congregation. Groups who do not pay their balance by March 3, 2023, will risk the cancellation of their registrations.
- Space is limited, so please register early.
Steps to Register
- Each youth and adult participant completes a Registration Form.
- The primary adult leader uses Registration Forms to complete registration online.
- A $100 deposit for each person must be paid online with a credit card when your congregation registers.
- The remaining balance is due March 3, 2023, and must be paid with one check per congregation and mailed with the following to the Nebraska Synod Office, 6757 Newport Ave. #200, Omaha, NE 68052:
- One copy of each participant’s Registration Form and an attached copy of their insurance card
- A Volunteer Screening Form for each adult leader
- Journey planners will assign participants to sleeping rooms, but if an adult leader has a specific request for youth roommate assignments, please send these with the remaining balance due.
- If you need to request a refund, the request will be honored if emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2023.
- For CANCELLATIONS, email email@example.com the name of the person cancelling. If you are wanting to SUBSTITUTE one person for another, email firstname.lastname@example.org the name of the person canceling and a copy of the Registration Form and insurance card for the substitute. Substitutions may be made until June 9, 2023, but any substitutions made after March 1, 2023, are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Bring the original copy of participant Registration Forms and insurance cards on the Journey so an adult leader from your group can have them available for emergency purposes.
Space is limited, so please register early. Questions? Please contact Deacon Sunni Richardson