The Nebraska Synod Journey is typically a six or seven-day experience held during the summers when there isn’t an ELCA Youth Gathering, and it’s open to youth who have completed grades 8-12 along with their adult leaders. The next Journey will be held July 6-12, 2020 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Journey participants will leave Nebraska from one or more sites on Monday, July 6 in motor coaches and travel south to Nashville, Tennessee, learning from our neighbors there about how God is already at work in the community. Participants will be housed at a location to be finalized, and updates will be shared on this website. Transportation, lodging, most activities and most meals will be covered by the registration fee.
Each participating congregation is asked to register one adult leader for every six youth. Adult leaders must be at least 21 years of age. Congregations are asked to be attentive to the gender of adult leaders corresponding to the gender of participants.
Registration Rates and Information:
· Early bird (submitted on or before February 15, 2020): $495
· Regular registration (submitted February 16- June 1, 2020): $525
· Registrations are due by June 1, 2020. *The registration deadline has been extended until June 1, and there is no longer a late registration rate.
· $100 per person deposit is due with online registrations and is paid by credit card online.
· The remaining balance is due June 3, 2020 and must be paid with one check per congregation and mailed in with a copy of each participant’s registration form. Groups who do not pay their balance by April 3, 2020 will risk the cancellation of their registrations.
· Please register your group when you know who will attend, as we cannot accept placeholder names as a registration (for example, “Youth Female 1” or “Adult Male 2”) in order to qualify for early bird or regular registration rates.
· Journey planners will assign participants to sleeping rooms. An adult leader with specific requests for roommate assignments for youth should email Lisa Kramme by March 15, 2020.
· Space is limited, so please register early.
Steps to Register:
1. Have EACH youth and adult participant complete a Registration Form (see link below).
2. The primary adult leader should use the registration forms to complete group registration online.
3. A $100 deposit for each person must be paid online with a credit card when your congregation registers.
4. Each ADULT participant must complete a Volunteer Screening Form(see link below) and return it by June 5 to Lisa Kramme at 6757 Newport Ave., Ste. 200, Omaha, NE 68152 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The remaining balance is due June 3, 2020 and must be paid with one check per congregation and mailed in with one copy of each participant’s registration form. Groups who do not pay their balance by June 3, 2020 will risk the cancellation of their registrations. More information on the balance due will be emailed to the primary adult leader following online registration.
5. If you need to request a refund, please note that the request will only be honored if emailed to Lisa Kramme by April 1.
6. Bring your hard copy of participant registration forms on the Journey so an adult leader from your group can have them available for emergency purposes.
7. Need to make changes after you’ve registered online? For CANCELLATIONS, email Lisa Krammethe name of the person cancelling. Requests for refunds will only be honored if emailed to Lisa Kramme by April 1, 2020. For ADDITIONS made after your group has registered initially, simply enter the new person into the “Primary Adult Leader” section, noting in the “Fee” section whether this person is a youth or an adult. You will need to enter an email for the additional person that is different than the email used for your group’s initial registration. If you are wanting to SUBSTITUTE one person for another, email Lisa Krammethe name of the person canceling and the name, gender and t-shirt size of the substitute being added and whether that person is a youth or an adult. Substitutions may be made until June 5, 2020, but a new person is not guaranteed a t-shirt of their size after April 1.