Lutheran Youth of Nebraska (LYON)
LYON stands for Lutheran Youth of Nebraska, and each year the LYON Assembly is held the weekend before Thanksgiving. All youth in grades 9-12 and their adult leaders are welcome.
Why do we get together as LYON each year? We asked the group of youth that plans the LYON Assembly, the LYON Leadership Team, that question, and this is what they said:
“To connect to each other and God.”
“To have opportunities for intentional faith building.”
“To support each other.”
“To grow in faith.”
This year’s LYON Assembly will be held November 22-24, 2019 at Camp Calvin Crestnear Fremont, and youth in grades 9-12 and their adult leaders are invited to participate. This year the theme will be Stronger Together, and we’ll focus on Ecclesiastes 4:9-10. Thanks to a generous grant from the Immanuel Vision Foundation, Maria Rose Belding, founder of an organization that helps connect people with excess food with those in need, will be a speaker and workshop presenter. AGAPE*will be the musical artist all weekend. Lodging and meals will be at Camp Calvin Crest and are part of the registration fee. Space is limited, so please register early.
Registration Rates & Information:
· Early bird (submitted on or before October 10): $125
· Regular registration (submitted October 11-October 23): $135
· Late registration (submitted October 24-November 7): $150
· A ratio of six youth to one adult is recommended. It is highly recommended that both male and female adult leaders register with your group if both male and female youth will be attending.
· Please register your group when you know who will attend, as we cannot accept placeholder names as a registration (for example, “Youth Female1” or “Adult Male2”) in order to qualify for early bird or regular registration rates.
· LYON Assembly planners assign participants to sleeping rooms. An adult leader with specific requests for roommate assignments for youth should email Lisa Kramme by October 23.
· Meals included in the registration fee are Saturday breakfast through Sunday breakfast.
Steps to Register:
1) Have EACH youth and adult participant complete a Registration Form.
2) The primary adult leader should use the registration forms to complete registration online.
3) Registration fees must be paid online with a credit card when your congregation registers.
4) Each ADULT participant must complete a Volunteer Screening Form and return it by November 7 to Lisa Kramme at 6757 Newport Ave., Ste. 200, Omaha, NE 68152 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) If you need to request a refund, please note that the request will only be honored if emailed to Lisa Kramme by November 7.
6) Bring the hard copy of the registration forms to the LYON Assembly so an adult leader from your group can have them available for emergency purposes.
7) Need to make changes after you’ve registered online? For CANCELLATIONS, email Lisa Kramme the name of the person cancelling. Please see information on refunds in #5 above. For ADDITIONS, simply register the person being added by November 7. Add any new person in the Primary Adult Leader space on the online registration system, and indicate if that person is a “Youth” or “Adult” when prompted. You must enter an email for this person that is different than the email you used to initially register the Primary Adult Leader from your congregation. If you are wanting to SUBSTITUTE one person for another, email Lisa Kramme the name of the person canceling and the name, gender, t-shirt size, emergency contact, special needs of the person being added and acknowledgement that their covenant and medical/photo release were signed. Substitutions made after November 7 are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
Staff & Ministry Contacts:
Director of Faith Formation