Synod Council Notes - September 2016
The Nebraska Synod Council took the following actions at its September 2016 meeting:
- Accepted the annual audit report.
- Authorized staff to begin the process of negotiating facilities contracts for the 2019 and 2020 Nebraska Synod assemblies.
- Reauthorized Mission Field Nebraska ministry designations through March 2017.
- Adopted a conflict of interest policy for Synod Council members and Synod staff.
- Elected Dennis Byars, Rev. Sarah Cordray and Francisco Salazar to serve a one-year term on the Executive Committee.
- Approved constitutions for two congregations.
- Approved the appointments of Jenny Sharrick and Rev. Rhonda Bostrom to the Synod World Hunger Committee.
- Approved appointments to the Immanuel Board of Directors and approved amendments to the Immanuel Bylaws.