Synod Council Notes - May 2015
The Nebraska Synod Council took the following actions at its May 2015 meeting:
- Endorsed the Nebraska Lutheran Outdoor Ministry’s Faithfully Forward Campaign.
- Authorized the Executive Committee to oversee and release extra-budgetary funds granted by the Immanuel Vision Foundation.
- Recommended recognition of the South Sudanese Lutheran Worshiping Community at Messiah Lutheran Church in Ralston as a Synodically-Authorized Worshiping Community of the Nebraska Synod.
- Endorsed the proposed “Cross at the Heart” capital campaign of Nebraska Lutheran Campus Ministry (NeLCM) for the construction of a new Lutheran Center on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus.
- Approved annual appointments to various Synod committees as recommended by the Nominating Committee.
- Agreed to study and consider consolidation and coordination among various seminary scholarship funds and programs.
- Agreed to study and consider coordination and information sharing of all fundraising campaigns of Nebraska Synod serving arms agencies.