Director for Leadership Development
Nebraska Synod Director for Leadership Development
The Director for Leadership Development will steward the leadership resources of the Nebraska Synod. The Director will work with the Synod Staff and Leadership Team and to stay attuned to the evolving needs of the church for faithful, innovative, well-grounded and capable leaders in order to evaluate and coordinate existing leadership efforts and help launch new ones as needed. This is a new full-time position, funded by a grant from the Immanuel Vision Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Leading efforts to hone, articulate, broadly communicate and persistently prioritize efforts to identify, recruit, form and support leaders for a changing church in a changing world
· Coordinating, evaluating and prioritizing existing leadership efforts and helping to shape and launch needed new ones
· Working cooperatively with staff members, lay leaders and counterparts across the ELCA
· Presenting, teaching and potentially preaching in congregations and gatherings across the Synod
· Familiarity with and articulation of the culture, values and mission of the Nebraska Synod
Bachelor’s degree preferred; proven experience in leadership role; strong interpersonal skills
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.