Faith Partners Team Training
WHAT: Faith Partners Team Training
Helping Congregations Become Recovery Friendly and Prevention Committed
WHO: While it is for people who are on a Faith Partners Team but have had no training, it can also be a refresher for people who have been trained and an introduction to congregation’s considering a team. WHERE: St. Timothy’s Lutheran Church, 510 N. 93rd St. in Omaha – (93rd & Dodge)
WHEN: 9:00 to 3:30 on Saturday October 19 (No Husker game that day). Arrival time 8:30-9:00 WHY: OR SOME STUFF YOU WILL LEARN:
• Why the team approach is the strongest one
• Why addressing alcohol/drug problems is a spiritual matter as well as a social and health issue
• The strong Gospel basis for this ministry
• Why true intervention is nothing like what you see on TV
• How to get the most of Faith Partners training materials.
• How effective prevention works and how your congregation can do it
• Why there are seven things a team must do first (but that’s impossible!!)
• How teams make appropriate and successful referrals
• How to take a congregational inventory and congregational survey
• Why services for celebrating recovery and for healing are so important
COST: Free: This program is provided through the generosity of individuals and congregations.