Holy Land Accompaniment
The Nebraska Synod continues our journey of accompaniment with our Christian brothers and sisters in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land (The ELCJHL). This accompaniment is an extension of the three trips members of the Synod have made to the Holy Land over the past six years.
The Nebraska Synod Holy Land Accompaniment (NSHLA) offers various opportunities to be in partnership with the ELCJHL, including accompaniment trips and educational programming.
Exploring the Holy Land, Meeting the People
Join members and friends of the Nebraska Synod in a remarkable journey to the Holy Land (Israel, Modern Palestine, Jordan). This learning opportunity is offered through the Nebraska Synod, the NSHLA group (Nebraska Synod Holy Land Accompaniment) and the Global Mission Team of the synod.
April 15 – 27, 2018
The Nebraska group will visit this school in 2018 and visit with students and staff, as well as other Lutheran and Christian schools and churches.
Pastor Morrow, an assistant to the bishop of the Nebraska Synod, will be leading the 2018 traveling group as it visits holy sites and gets acquainted with the people in the Lutheran churches and many others in Israel and Jordan who will share their stories.
● Depart on April 15, 2018, from Omaha, travel to Tel Aviv via
Newark, NJ. Arrive on April 16 and transfer to our guest
house in Beit Jala; the next day in the Bethlehem area.
● Travel north to the Galilee region in Israel, visiting Nazareth,
Capernaum and enjoying a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee,
as well; perhaps a visit to a kibbutz.
● Cross into the country of Jordan to explore the ancient cities
of Jerash and Petra; connect with the Lutheran church in
Amman and perhaps visit the new Lutheran baptismal site
on the Jordan River.
● Back in Modern Palestine, spend three or four days in the
Jerusalem area, becoming familiar with the Old City and
visiting Augusta Victoria Hospital on the Mount of Olives;
visiting two Lutheran churches and a new school; visit Yad
Vashem, the Holocaust Museum in West Jerusalem.
● Enjoy and learn from various speakers who will visit with us
in the hotel or guest house on some evenings.
● Depart from Tel Aviv for Omaha on April 27, 2018.
APPROXIMATE COST and INCLUSIONS
- The cost per person for the Holy Land journey will be around $4,600.00, based on double room occupancy. There will be an extra charge of about $50/night for a single room. The nonrefundable deposit is $850, and remaining 3 payments of $1,250 are due November 10, January 10 and February 15.
- Included in this price: coach airline tickets; double occupancy hotel rooms; breakfast and dinner daily; all ground transportation; entrance fees; all tips for guides/drivers/hotel staffs; visa to Jordan; fees for invited speakers.
- NOT included: noon lunches; U.S. passport; travel insurance; a single room; personal expenses; travel to and from the Omaha airport.
If you are at all interested, please contact Pastor Megan Morrow: 402-580-7222 or email@example.com.