Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders
“As those called to leadership within the Body of Christ, we are blessed with opportunity and with responsibility.” – Bishop Brian Maas
The Nebraska Synod Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders training program for rostered leaders and Parish Ministry Associates is designed to enrich both our opportunity and responsibility as leaders for Christ’s church. More than a “boundaries workshop,” Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders will benefit participants in several ways, including:
- helping set and enforce “safe church” policies in your congregation.
- renewing your sensitivity and awareness to safe practices as a faith leader.
- enriching your understanding of “healthy boundaries” around personal time, health and wellness.
- fulfilling our shared commitment to ministry with excellence and integrity.
- helping the Nebraska Synod continue to be a healthy body with healthy leaders.
- earning six (6) continuing education credits.
Expectations and Guidelines
- Attend one training every three years from the date of the last training you completed.
- The attendance of leaders will be noted and congregations and call committees will be encouraged to pay attention to the participation of rostered and PMA Leaders.
- Cost is $40. (Materials through the FaithTrust Institute and lunch are included.) Financial assistance is available upon request
- There are no refunds. If the event is cancelled due to weather or you are unable to attend, the cost of registration will be applied to the next training you are able to attend.
- Register online.
- Registration deadlines are 7 days prior to each event.
- If you’ve had healthy boundaries training in the last three years and would like it considered for credit/recognition, contact Pastor Megan Morrow, firstname.lastname@example.org. Training attendance must be documented through printed verification of registration and a certificate of completion sent to Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders, Nebraska Synod ELCA, 6757 Newport, Suite 200, Omaha, NE 68152. You may opt for an alternative to “Essential Boundaries” once.
- Participants may be up to 30 minutes late or leave no more than 30 minutes early in order to receive credit for the training.
Each training is limited to 36 participants (six tables of six) due to the nature of the curriculum and the topics, and will be led by at least two trainers.
Schedule unless otherwise noted:
8 am = Gather, Check-in, Fellowship
8:30 am = Training begins
5:00 pm = Training ends
1) Wednesday, May 30, 2018
First Lutheran Church
3315 Avenue G
Kearney, NE 68847
Facilitators: Rev. John Gosswein & Carol Bosshardt
Alternate schedule for this date is as follows:
12:30pm = Gather, Check-in, Fellowship
1:00pm = Training begins
9:00pm = Training ends
Supper is included
2) Monday, October 1, 2018 (normal schedule)
Immanuel Communities Headquarters
1044 N. 115th St, Suite 500
Facilitators: Rev. Paula Lawhead & Rev. Kim McSheehy
Content Outline - based on materials from the FaithTrust Institute’s “Healthy Boundaries” curriculum:
Session I - Boundaries, Power and Vulnerability
Session II - Dating, Friendships, Dual Relationships, Gifts
Session III – Pulpit, Transference, Hugging & Touch, Intimacy
Session IV – Emerging Issues in Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
Session V – Preserving Boundaries: Personal & Professional Health
Contact for online registration questions:
Nebraska Synod of the ELCA
6757 Newport, Omaha, NE 68152
(402) 896-5311, email@example.com
Contact for all other questions:
Pastor Megan Morrow
Assistant to the Bishop, Nebraska Synod of the ELCA
2225 Washington, Lincoln, NE 68502
Assistant to the Bishop