Applicants for Seeking the Spirit Within shall:
- obtain and submit an application.
- obtain reference forms to be submitted by applicant’s pastor and one other person from within their faith community.
- obtain and submit forms for required background check.
- participate in a personal interview with the Director of Seeking the Spirit Within and one advisory board member.
- engage in a one-on-one relationship with a certified spiritual director, preferably for one year prior to application.
- commit to continued individual spiritual direction during the two-year program.
- develop and/or maintain computer literacy and access for participation with the program’s online discussion board.
- One-time application fee (non-refundable) – $75* (*Application fee will be discounted to $50 for those who attend a Seeking the Spirit Within discernment retreat.)
- Tuition – $1,200 per term for four terms – $4,800 total
Members of Nebraska Synod ELCA congregations may apply prior to each semester for a mission grant for 20% of the cost.
Cost of books, individual spiritual direction, travel and any incurred computer costs are the responsibility of each participant.
Persons interested in this program should contact the Director.