Synod Council Notes - March 2015
The Synod Council took the following actions at its March 2015 meeting:
- Voted 16-1 to release Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of Lindy, Nebraska from the roster of congregations to the Nebraska Synod and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Approved a 2 percent increase in defined compensation and most benefits for the Bishop for fiscal year 2015-16.
- Made the following recommendations to the 2015 Nebraska Synod Assembly:
- That the proposed 2016-17 synodical budget as submitted by the Budget and Finance Committee be adopted.
- That the proposed Strategic Mission Vision and Plan be endorsed as submitted by the Strategic Mission Visioning Team.
- That the proposed assembly rules of procedure and agenda be adopted.
- That various members be appointed to the Assembly Minutes Committee and the Resolutions, Reference and Counsel Committee.
- That proposed Resolution 2015:1 relating to the Life of Faith Initiative be adopted.
- That the proposed 2016 Compensation Guidelines for Pastors and Lay Rostered Persons be adopted.
- Authorized rostered leaders on leave from call who are not serving in an interim ministry setting to serve as voting members of the 2015 Nebraska Synod Assembly.
- Approved revised and amended constitutions for various congregations.
- Approved a funding request from the Rural Ministry Task Force of $8,500 for a rural internship grant to St. Luke and St. Paul’s Lutheran churches in Emerson.
- Approved the reappointments of Linda Daugherty and Kim Sucha to the Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska Board of Directors.