Synod Council Notes - December 2016
The Nebraska Synod Council took the following actions at its December 2016 meeting:
- Approved 2017 housing allowances for those called to Synod staff.
- Approved a sabbatical proposal for Bishop Brian Maas.
- Waived a constitutional provision relative to transitional ministry and availability for call for Vicar Cara Jensen.
- Recommended to the 2017 Synod Assembly a proposed Synod budget for 2018.
- Approved the Younes Conference Center in Kearney as the site for the Synod Assembly in 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Designated that the 2017 Synod Assembly offering be evenly divided between New and Renewing Congregations in Nebraska and the Nebraska Synod ELCA Fund for Leaders.
- Recommended to the 2017 Synod Assembly the adoption of amendments to the Nebraska Synod Constitution as adopted at the 2016 Churchwide Assembly and offered by the Synod Constitutional Review Team.
- Designated the proceeds from the closure of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Verdon for congregational redevelopment.
- Rescinded synodical authorization of the South Sudanese Worshiping Community in Lincoln.
- Adopted a policy governing undesignated estate and bequest gifts to the Nebraska Synod.
- Authorized the transfer of up to $30,000 from the Synod Contingency Fund to the Synod Operating Fund.
- Approved changes to Nebraska Lutheran Outdoor Ministries’ Bylaws.
- Ratified the appointment of Rosemary Ohles to the Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska Board of Directors.
- Approved constitutions for two Synod congregations.