Synod Council Notes - December 2014
The Synod Council took the following actions at its December 2014 meeting:
- Received and reviewed the initial report from the Synod Vision and Mission Team.
- Appointed Judy Batterman to the Synod Council to replace Betty Wilken, who resigned.
- Appointed Patrick Gregory to serve as the Synod Council’s representative on the Synod Nominating Committee.
- Appointed Pastor Sylvia Karlsson to the Seeking the Spirit Within Advisory Board.
- Appointed Pastor Kristen Van Stee as the chairperson of the Synod Global Mission Committee.
- Approved appointments of Rob Johnson and Bob Lanik to the Immanuel Board of Directors.
- Authorized the transfer Synod investments from current accounts to the ELCA’s Fund A.
- Approved funding from the Synod Contingency Fund of up to $15,000 for support of the Nile Lutheran Chapel, a Synod Sudanese ministry in north Omaha.
- Approved $10,000 of funding for relocation of the Nebraska Synod office.
- Approved various housing allowances for rostered leaders employed by the Nebraska Synod.
- Designated the 2015 Synod Assembly offering for support of Missionaries and Young Adults in Global Mission as part of the Campaign for the ELCA.
- Affirmed a discounted Synod Assembly registration fee for youth and young adults under the age of 30.
- Approved various constitutions, bylaws and continuing resolutions submitted by Nebraska Synod congregations.